Skip to main content



If you want to study at a university in Germany, you must have a particularly good command of German at level C1 and prove this with  the "German language test for university access" (DSH) at a university of your choice, the "TELC C1 Hochschule" or the "Test -DaF ".

So if you want to attend a language course at the Hartnackschule you need to apply for a preparatory language visa before entering the country. In addition to the completed visa application and other documents, you will need, among other things,

a preliminary contract with the Hartnackschule including

Confirmation of the deposit of the course fee and

Health insurance for the duration of the language course

Citizens of the EU and EEA countries as well as Switzerland, Australia, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Canada, New Zealand and the USA can apply for a residence permit at the immigration authorities after entering the country. Confirmation of registration for a language course is also required for this, but no preliminary contract.

If you need documents and more info from us for visa application, send an email to: